The needles have been a-clicking and the project bags overflowing a bit more than usual here recently, some of which I havn’t got around to showing you yet. So may i present..a 10 project roundup, not necessarily very summery, but loved nonetheless!
- Handspun Jacob yarn in a loose 2ply on big needles, with a pink Alafoss Lopi crocheted edge
- Tour De Fleece prep- more jacob! This time a sport weight 2ply.
- Handspun bluebell merino fluff- such an amazing colour :)
- A ball of crazy sale yarn and big needles for a quick colourful scarf
- Another big knit: this time a cowl out of scrap lopi left over from the blanket, mixed in with more lopi..who knows why i’m knitting cowls in a heatwave but i love them!
- ANOTHER cowl..this time for the purposes of teaching myself brioche! A treat with Noro silk garden sock yarn in cheery colours.
- Time Travelling Sweater Bag blocked and ready for me to try and sew a lining in!
- Sparkley Sleeves of warmth started over- this time with fewer decreases. Also, my first project to be knitted on the bus :)
- A new sweater and my first time reading a pattern in Danish: The Cille Bluse by Lene Holm Samsøe. Knitting it in BC Garn Shetland wool.
- And finally…my Enchanted Mesa by Stephen West is done! I absolutely love it. Made of handspun and scrap yarns.
As the summer holiday season begins here, I hope your projects are treating you well and that you have something lovely and inspiring on the needles! I think us knitters and spinners are really lucky these days with the huge array of yarns and fibres available for crafting in different seasons. Personally I’ll happily knit with wool all year round cause I love the stuff and Denmark isn’t exactly known for having a tropical climate, but at this time of year i’m ogling all the silk blends and pretty cotton and getting curious about how spinning ramie or hemp is different from spinning wool. Mmmm, yaarn! :)
Until next time, Happy Knitting! Especially to those of you participating in Stash Dash and Tour De Fleece, which is starting this weekend!
This entry was posted in Knitting
, WIP Wednesday
and tagged alafoss lopi
, brioche knitting
, cille bluse
, Enchanted Mesa
, jacob wool
, leftover yarn uses
, noro silk garden sock
, quick knits
, Shetland Wool
, Spinning Wheel
, stash dash 2015
, Stephen West
, Strik København
, Stripey Sleeves of Warmth
, summer knitting
, time travelling sweater bag
, tour de fleece
. Bookmark the permalink